- HBO Asia, backed by Paramount and Warner Bros, launches an 18-hour-a-day home movie channel in Asia, securing carriage on SCV in Singapore.
- The English-language service is distributed via Palapa B2P.
- On June 1, HBO Asia successfully completed its first movie transmission from Singapore with title Heaven Help Us..
- On September 21, HBO Asia successfully completed its first movie transmission from its regional headquarters at New Tech Park, Singapore with title Cross Current.
- HBO Asia's regional headquarters is officially opened at New Tech Park by Singapore's Minister for Information and the Arts, Brigadier-General George Yeo. HBO Asia, TVB, ESPN, Turner and ABC announce a broadcasters' alliance.
- HBO becomes available in Thailand and the Philippines.
- HBO launches in Taiwan.
- After 20 months on air, HBO shifts to a fully programmed 24-hour service.
- In a landmark deal, HBO Asia concludes exclusive licensing deals with Sony Pictures Entertainment and Universal Studios, who also become equity partners. The four HBO Asia partner studios jointly claim 19 of the top 25 films released in the United States during 1993 and 1994.
- HBO becomes available in Indonesia.
- HBO adds Bahasa Indonesia subtitles to its full broadcast schedules in addition to closed-captioned subtitles for Thailand and Taiwan that were made available in 1994.
- HBO becomes available in Hong Kong and Malaysia and launches in three-star and above standard hotels and foreign housing compounds in China.
- Disney subsidiaries, Hollywood Pictures and Touchstone become exclusive HBO Asia suppliers.
- With its lead movie channel in a strong position, HBO Asia launches CINEMAX, a channel for a wide range of entertaining movies. Agreements are soon signed with operators in Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and the Philippines.
- Dan Murrell becomes HBO Asia's Managing Director, replacing CEO and President Bill Hooks who returns to HBO in New York after five years at the helm.
- HBO Asia celebrates its fifth anniversary.
- HBO expands to 18 Asian countries.
- HBO Asia is granted Ministry of Radio, Film and Television approval to distribute its CINEMAX channel in China to three-star and above standard hotels and foreign housing compounds.
- CINEMAX launches on ASTRO in Malaysia.
- HBO Asia signs an exclusive deal with DreamWorks SKG.
- HBO and CINEMAX launch in Sri Lanka.
- HBO Asia opens a representative office in Taiwan.
- Dan Murrell is appointed CEO and President of HBO Asia.
- CINEMAX launches in Hong Kong as a premium service, alongside HBO.
- An HBO South Asia service is launched in Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Maldives. The HBO channel in India and Maldives is ad-supported.
- James Marturano is appointed Executive Vice President of HBO Asia and HBO South Asia’s Managing Director.
- HBO premieres the most expensive HBO Original Production ever, Band Of Brothers, across Asia. Based on the best-selling novel by the late-historian Stephen Ambrose, Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg were executive producers for the ten-part World War II miniseries.
- For the second year in a row, HBO sweeps top honors in a trade survey reinforcing HBO as cable operators’ top choice for programming, sales and marketing, on-air look, viewer feedback, value for money and most popular channel.
- HBO Asia celebrates ten years of entertaining Asia.
- HBO Asia launches Asia’s first fully ‘tapeless’ system, one that fully digitalizes and archives its extensive library of movies and promotional on-air materials.
- In March, CINEMAX relaunches to be Asia’s most exciting movie channel for hits, action and suspense movies, complete with new tagline of ‘Get Into The Movies’ and a brand-new on-air identity.
- The HBO channel receives the prestigious Superbrands® Award in Singapore.
- HBO is voted as Asia’s best cable and movie channel by cable operators across the region.
- Jonathan Spink becomes HBO Asia's Chief Executive Officer, replacing CEO and President, Dan Murrell after six years at the helm.
- HBO Asia adds Cambodia to its territories.
- In January, HBO is the first movie channel to broadcast to residential homes in China on CCTV.
- As part of its multi-channel strategy, HBO Asia launches its first additional HBO channel - HBO SIGNATURE, in April 2005. This is the first additional HBO channel that will be offered to subscribers in premium markets as a cluster of multi-channel services.
- In August, HBO Asia signs an exclusive deal with PCCW’s nowTV in Hong Kong.
- In September, HBO launches into residential homes in Vietnam through distributor, Q.net.
- HBO premieres the second most expensive series in television history, the HBO Original Series Rome that was produced at US$100 million.
- In March, HBO Asia increases the number of channels under its multi-channel bouquet with the launch of HBO FAMILY and HBO HITS, which are distributed first through nowTV in Hong Kong.
- In April, HBO SIGNATURE, HBO FAMILY and HBO HITS are launched in the Philippines as part of THE HBO/MAX PAK through SkyCable.
- In May, HBO SIGNATURE, HBO FAMILY and HBO HITS are launched for the first time in Taiwan.
- In July, HBO SIGNATURE, HBO FAMILY and HBO HITS are launched in Singapore as part of THE HBO PAK through StarHub Cable Vision.
- In February, HBO Asia launches HBO ON DEMAND, the company’s first Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) service, to THE HBO MAX PAK PREMIUM subscribers on nowTV in Hong Kong.
- In July, HBO SIGNATURE, HBO FAMILY and HITS are launched for the first time in Thailand as part of the HBO Package through TrueVisions and also in Sri Lanka on Dialog TV and Lanka Broadband Networks.
- HBO Asia celebrates its 15th anniversary.
- In January, HBO takes majority stake in HBO Asia. Previously jointly held by HBO, NBC Universal, Paramount Films and Sony Pictures Entertainment, HBO Asia under the new equity structure is owned by HBO and Paramount.
- HBO continues to lead in Asia as the top-ranked channel with the best programming quality, on-air promotions, as well as sales and marketing support, as voted by pay TV operators across the region according to the 2008 Asia Pacific Pay TV survey by Fusion Consulting.
- In September, HBO ON DEMAND is made available to subscribers of THE HBO PAK in Singapore through StarHub Cable Vision.
- On March 29, CINEMAX refreshes as MAX, a channel dedicated to action, suspense and science-fiction programs targeted at men.
- From April 1, Chinese subtitling is offered in addition to Bahasa Malaysia for HBO subscribers in Malaysia. HBO is the first movie channel to offer dual subtitling in Malaysia.
- In April, HBO is offered on the newly launched direct-to-home (DTH) pay TV operator in the Philippines, Cignal DTV.Philippines.
- In May, Papua New Guinea’s HiTron Pty Ltd and Cambodia’s Royal Group add three of HBO Asia’s multiplex channels, HBO SIGNATURE, HBO FAMILY and HBO HITS, to their existing HBO channel offerings.
- In June, all five HBO Asia multiplex channels launch on Mongolia’s DDish TV while in Indonesia, Indovision adds HBO HITS and HBO FAMILY to their existing three HBO Asia channel offerings
- In July, three of HBO Asia’s multiplex channels, HBO SIGNATURE, HBO FAMILY and HBO HITS are added to Palau National Communications Corporation (PNCC)’s channel offerings, HBO and MAX, in Palau.
- HBO retains overall lead for the third year running in the 2009 Pay TV Operators Survey conducted by Fusion Consulting and ContentAsia. HBO tops the movies genre, overall marketing and sales support, positive feedback from subscribers and best value for money categories.
- HBO is the first regional movie channel to broadcast in high definition in Asia in October. HBO HD launches on nowTV in Hong Kong, StarHub in Singapore, Cignal in the Philippines, and on kbro in Taiwan.
- In October, the television premiere of Kung Fu Panda is available for the first time in dual audio languages in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.
- In November, HBO Asia becomes the exclusive distributing agent for Warner TV and BabyFirst in the Asia-Pacific region.
- HBO HD launches on Astro in Malaysia in December.
- All movies on HBO during the Chinese New Year weekend are available in dual sound in selected territories. From the weekend starting February 20, all 9pm (SIN) movies on HBO are available in dual sound in selected territories.
- In April, The Pacific, the highly-anticipated companion piece produced by the award-winning team behind the Emmy® winning HBO Original mini-series, Band Of Brothers, premieres on HBO less than three weeks after the US premiere.
- HBO HD launches in Thailand on True Visions in May and in Indonesia on First Media in August. First Media adds RED to their channel offerings in August.
- HBO retains overall lead for the fourth year running in the 2010 Pay TV Operators Survey conducted by Global Intelligence Alliance (the former Fusion Consulting) and ContentAsia. HBO tops in terms of programming quality, the movies genre and best value for money categories.
- RED, WarnerTV and BabyFirst launch on Telekom Malaysia (TM) in October.
- WarnerTV launches in Taiwan on DishHD in September.
- RED is distributed across various parts of The Philippines with Cable Boss.
- HBO’s Action Nation blockbuster line-up is the most watched English movies in the Philippines, according to Kantar Media Philippines*. Titles include Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen, G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra and 2012.
- HBO Asia wins two Gold (Best Logo Design for RED and Best Collateral for The Pacific) and two Silver awards (Best Print for Chick Flicks campaign and Something For Nothing for MAX War Movies stunt) at the PromaxBDA Asia 2010 Awards.
- HBO HD launches in Sri Lanka in December.
- HBO is the Number 1 channel in Singapore and the Philippines during primetime throughout 2010, according to Kantar Media.
- In January, HBO HD launches in Vietnam.
- In June, HBO Asia doubles its high-definition channel offering with the launch of HBO HITS HD which delivers Hollywood blockbuster hits 24 hours a day, commercial-free in 100% true high-definition and Dolby® Digital 5.1 surround sound. HBO HITS HD mirrors the programming on HBO HITS and is available in Indonesia on First Media. In this same month, RED is also launched on Destiny Cable in the Philippines. In Malaysia, prime-time programs on HBO shift by an hour to 10pm. In addition, HBO becomes the No.1 channel for English movies in Malaysia, Taiwan, the Philippines and Singapore according to year-to-date analysis whose target audience was all cable adults from 1 Jan to 20 June 2011 from Kantar Media for the Philippines and Singapore, and AGB Nielsen for Malaysia and Taiwan.
- In July, HBO HITS HD is also available in Singapore on StarHub and in Taiwan on several cable and satellite operators. In Malaysia, Sunday prime-time movies are now available in dual language. That same month, HBO Asia won two bronze awards at the 2011 PROMAX BDA NEW YORK for Screen Red – Logo Design:Network/Channel All Media and HBO Summer Blockbusters – Topical Publication Advertising Campaign – Color.
- In August, the prime time for HBO is shifted to 10pm (9pm Thai.Jkt) while prime time for HBO FAMILY shifted to 7pm (6pm Thai.Jkt). In addition to Sunday prime-time movies, Saturday prime-time movies are also available in dual language in Malaysia. HBO ON DEMAND launches in Vietnam.
- HBO Asia celebrates 20 years of entertaining Asia.
- HBO Asia strengthens content for 2012 with more than 140 hours of original programming, a 40% increase in original series compared to 2011.
- HBO Asia jointly develops Dead Mine, the first original co-production with Infinite Frameworks.
- In May, HBO Asia migrates all HBO Services on satellite Apstar 2R (also known as Telstar 10) to Apstar 7.
- In June, HBO Original movie Hemingway & Gellhorn premieres on HBO just days after its US premiere.